HOW HOMEOPATHY WORKS?
Homeopathy stimulates the body's natural defense system by re-establishing normal immune system and cell functioning.
It is a medical system that uses infinitessimal doses of natural substances to stimulate a person's immune system and the body's natural defenses. The homeopathic remedy is made by taking a plant, mineral, chemical, or animal substance, diluting it in water and shaking it vigorously. The more it is sequentially diluted and shaken, the more potent the medicine. This is why minuscule doses are used.
It can offer not only relief from temporary disorders but can provide long term healing of a person due to its individual and "holistic" approach. This often leads to a complete recovery from the dis-ease, as well as providing an improved understanding of the patient's situation. This type of healing makes it easier and possible to avoid recurrence or relapses in the future.
The principle of "Like cures Like" is better understood by giving some examples:
- A full strength dose of Ipecac will cause vomiting.
- In a very diluted dose, it becomes a remedy to control nausea and vomiting.
- Coffee before bed will generally cause a sleepless night.
- In an infinitessimal dose, it can be one of the remedies used to treat insomnia.
- A large dose of sodium sulfate will characteristically provoke diarrhoea.
- An infinitessimal or homeopathic dose can cure that same type of diarrhoea.
It is important to remember these remedies will not be the only remedy to fix these maladies. By individualising each case the homeopath will establish which remedy will be best suited for that particular persons’ symptom picture.