A SIMPLE GUIDE TO FOLLOW IN LIFE
- You can be calm and happy in spite of modern stress
- Make your life more simple. You save on nervous energy
- Be patient of your progress towards perfect relaxation.
- Go forward steadily and persistently. Nature cannot be hurried.
- Slacken your muscles and lower the eyelids to combat mental strain
- Eat, exercise and sleep
- Spend your leisure time thoughtfully. Use it constructively so that it balances your work as it makes work easier and more pleasurable
- Live in the present
Have faith in yourself and your own powers. Be poised and serene
Maintain your efforts until you have achieved your goal. Let go of any setbacks
KEEPING YOURSELF MOTIVATED
I thought I would start with some simple and practical solutions to getting yourself motivated.
You may just be feeling really lazy and in that 'cant be bothered mode'!
So to whip you up into a state of fevered, frenzied activity, here are a handful of solutions to that universal motivation problem?
Go on - try just one or two at least out of the following suggestions and you can even let me know which one's work for you.
1. Make a deal with yourself. Good for overcoming procrastination and getting things done. You can make the deal small or large. You simply tell yourself something like: When I'm done with this chapter/these reports I can take a walk in the park and enjoy a cappuccino.
2. Act like it. If you don't feel motivated or enthusiastic then act like it. The strange thing is that within a few minutes you actually start to feel motivated or enthusiastic for real.
3. Ask uplifting questions in the morning. Here's what you do; every morning ask yourself five empowering three-part questions this way:
What am I ______ about in my life right now?
What about it makes me _______?
How does it make me feel?
Put in your own value in the blank space. For instance, a couple of my questions are:
What am I happy about in my life right now?
What am I excited about in my life right now?
It's important that you really feel how it makes you feel. When I think about the last part about what makes me happy right now I really feel it! These morning questions are great because they make you recognise things you take for granted and they can really get you to feel those positive feelings.
4. Do the toughest task first. This will ease a lot of your day-to-day worries and boost your self-confidence for the rest of the day.
5. Remember to have fun. Or create fun in a task. Then you'll stay motivated to do and finish it.
'' Many of life's failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up'' Thomas Edison